Hamilton Infinity Holdings Inc., (o/a Plaza Nissan) Accessibility Policies and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Accessibility Plan and Policies for Plaza Nissan
This 2012-18 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Plaza Nissan will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Plaza Nissan is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Plaza Nissan is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Plaza Nissan will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Plaza Nissan will take the following steps to ensure employees/volunteers are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2012, 2015, & 2016
- Controller will arrange training for all staff members as required by the Ontario Integrated Accessibility
- Controller will provide training to staff at time of New Employee Orientation (web based)
- Staff will be trained on any updates as required by the Ontario Integrated Accessibility Standards
- Training will be accessible to all staff through a company website
- Controller will maintain any required training records
Service Animals and Support Persons
Plaza Nissan will take the following steps to ensure we welcome service animals and support persons by January 1, 2012
- We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Information and Communications
Plaza Nissan is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Plaza Nissan will take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2012, & 2016:
- Identify existing feedback processes, ie; through the company website, customer development center, etc.
- Review the processes and provide appropriate accessible formats and communication support to persons with disabilities on request. (this includes survey’s and comment cards)
Plaza Nissan will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2017:
- The organization will consult with the person making the request and determine the most appropriate accessible format or communication support
Plaza Nissan will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability by January 1, 2017:
- Create a written process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans and return to work plans for employees with disabilities
- Include all the elements required in accordance with the IASR
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account if Plaza Nissan is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- Management will assess the needs of the employee with disabilities and have individual accommodation plans for performance management, career development and redeployment processes
Management will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- If a barrier is found, management will be informed and the appropriate action will be taken to remove such barrier(s)
Design of Public Spaces
Plaza Nissan will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces by January 1, 2018. Public spaces include:
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs, curb ramps, rest areas and accessible pedestrian signals
- Accessible parking
- Service-related elements like service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
Plaza Nissan will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
- In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
Plaza Nissan is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Plaza Nissan will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Revise any recruitment processes as necessary to ensure all candidates are advised of access to accommodation throughout the job selection process is available
- Identify any barriers/location of interview room/room set up for in-person interviews/support paperwork if needed
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Susan Taylor at:
- Phone: 905-389-3588
- Email: email@example.com
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request from Management.